Came out way better than I expected
Plywood for the front and back, pack of brown card stock, pack of what I thought was cream card stock, strip of leather for the spine, a roll of burlap for binding, bottle of super glue, a couple heavy duty needles, a roll of thick thread, and some lettering & decorations. Didn’t realize the cream paper was more like wax paper and really see through, I didn’t end up using it.
Pages cut and lined
I hand drew the lines. Loved the way it turned out but it was super time consuming.
Ready to stich
I split the pages into two even stacks and clamped them between two pieces of wood. Then I drilled a 1/16″ hole on every line for the stitching.
Had to use a pair of pliers to pull the needle all the way through, prob should have used a bigger drill bit.
Forgot to take a picture of building up the binding. Basically I clamped the booklets of pages just like I did to drill the holes for the stitching. I then covered the spine with super glue and laid a strip of burlap across it. After that dried I cut a small strip of wood and glued it on top of the burlap. Finally I glued two more strips of burlap to reach from the front page around the spine to the back page. The leather strip was glued to the spine first and then wrapped around the front/back and glued in place.
Had a couple owl cutouts left and decided it needed a little more color so I painted one red for the inside cover.